I like to keep thing 100% real in regards to the content I create and the advice I give. I’ve made my fair share of mistakes and my advice comes from moments of learning from these experience, and this week’s affirmation is no different.
As an entrepreneur juggling a nine to five and building a business, do you find yourself saying ‘I don’t have enough time’ or something to the equivalent?
So do I!
Last night I was sitting next to Roland and he was chatting with his parents in french, then he turned to me and mentioned his asked how my sci-fi/thriller fiction books Immunity and vertigo were coming along. I froze for a short moment I found myself thinking ‘I don’t have enough time.’ Was that really the truth? Over time I’ve learned that what I am really saying is that’s not a priority for me right now. The last time I had written anything for the book was 30 January 2016, and it was only 250 words, which brought the word count up to 54,735 words; a little less than half way. As I looked back over the last few months, I realised that my actions were telling a different story. My actions were revealing that my coaching business was more important than finishing my fiction novels. This wasn’t the answer I was expecting. I looked back at Rolands Macbook screen where his parents were patiently awaiting my answer. I shared that I was a little less than halfway through the first book. I also mentioned that I had been spending the majority of my time building my business.
As I lay in bed that night I knew I had a decision to make:
- Keep putting the book off until someday and, as a result, never finish it.
- Starting Making it a Priority and write a bit of the book each evening after I finish working on my business.
We all live in a society where we try to get so much done in such a little amount of time. When you stop and consider what time actually is, you’ll realise it’s a man-made unit of measure to give a sense of order to things. Time really is just a concept. This means my situation is just the result of poor decision-making. I know you’re thinking that sound a bit harsh, however making excuses is not going to get my book written, edited, and published. I decided to look at all the free time I had this week and consciously choose how I was going to spend that time. So, starting from today, I am going to spend an hour a day writing my fiction book, and I’ve scheduled it into my calendar with a reminder. I’m going to make this a priority.
How are you going to consciously choose how to spend your time? Do you want to read more, exercise more frequently, build your dream business, spending more time with your family, or whatever it is that’s important to you? I want you to make a list of the things you want to make time for and look over the free time you do have and slotting these things into your schedule.
The affirmation I am going to leave you with today is:
‘I spend time on what matters most to me’
This affirmation is incredibly powerful because it helps you realise that you are the master or time and not the other way around. It will also help you become super conscious about how you spend your time.
- Get clear on what you really want.
- Look at your schedule and start managing your free time more effectively, and schedule in your new priorities.
- Take actionable steps towards getting more of what you want in life.
- Every time you start saying to yourself ‘I don’t have enough time’ or ‘I wish I had more time’ repeat this weeks affirmation over to yourself at least 3 to 5 times.
More Tools and Resources:
- Start reading The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks if you desire to start working on your upper limit problems and stop yourself from self-sabotaging your own success. I listen to the audiobook every morning and I’ve seen a huge shift in my mindset.
- If you are an aspiring female entrepreneur looking for more support and a greater level of accountability while you take actionable steps towards creating your dream business then come on over to Facebook and joinThe Aspiring Female Entrepreneur Support Group and connect with other amazing like-minded women. –> Join the group!
- If you want to make 2016 the year you step out of your comfort zone and finally create your dream service based business then I would love to invite you to join me for a complimentary discovery session, where together you and I can explore how you can create the business and life of your dreams and decide whether working together is a right fit for you. To book a complimentary discovery session simply fill out the questionnaire, then you will be taken to my calendar to book a time that is right for you. –> Book a discovery session
As always, I have to ask, what are you going to consciously choose to spend your time on? I want to hear from you, let me know by sharing your thoughts in the comments box below.